Friday, January 27, 2012

Yoda Amigurumi

I discovered amigurumi last year and I LOVE it. I happened to stumble upon it when I was looking up "Star Wars" on Etsy. Much to my delight, up came the cutest Star Wars amigurumi patterns. As soon as I saw they were crocheted, I was hooked. I bought a bunch of patterns.

My friends are quite fond of the Star Wars amigurumi (as any SW geek would be). They don't take long to make, they're cute, and they don't take that much yarn at all.

One of the men I work with saw the Star Wars figures I previously made for a friend of mine for Christmas, and he was hooked. He asked me to make some for him but wanted beans instead of stuffing. I never thought of using beans, but it worked out great! I did stuff the head with actual stuffing, and I stuffed the body with pinto beans. Here is the finished product:


Isn't he the cutest? Thanks to Jerod for the high-quality picture, also. I am making him a set and he's going to take great pictures for me so I can continue to share them with you on this blog. :)


I credit lucyravenscar for the patterns. In my opinion, she has the BEST Star Wars amigurumi patterns that I have found online. They are affordable and WELL worth the money.


Luckily Jo-Anns sells black safety eyes and stuffing. I also have purchased hand-painted eyes and safety eyes from 6060, whom I would highly recommend. Very affordable and the shipping is fast.

More to come soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment