Thursday, February 2, 2012

"Sweet November" Scarf

My mom actually found this pattern, and she sent it to me in case I wanted to make one. Having a number of skeins of Simply Soft yarn, I decided to give it a go. I love scarves and wanted to see how it would turn out.

The pattern was easy to follow and very repetitive. Once you get the basic idea for how to create rows, you can finish it without really thinking about it or looking at the pattern (just be sure to count the rows!). I spent a great deal of time on Sunday watching Erin Brockovich and finishing it.

I am pleased with the way it turned out...it did take more than one skein of yarn, but just a tad more. I made the entire scarf and most of the fringe with one skein, I just needed a little extra to finish the fringe.



(PS I had to show off my new Sinful Colors Polish - the best polish brand ever! The color is "Hazard" and it's a nice peachy orange. You can find the polish at Meijer/most drug stores for $2.00 a bottle and it lasts forever without chipping. I don't even do a clear base/top coat and it still stays nice for at least a week. I may blog about it later on.)



My mom tried the pattern as well and it did not turn out as long as she had hoped on the sides. She is going to remake it using a larger needle, which is a possibility. You can also simply add more rows to reach the desired horizontal length. The pattern to that is here.

As a final note, I would not recommend switching out the yarn unless it is very similar. I think the Simply Soft yarn by Caron worked perfectly and it's nice and comfy to wear. Some worsted weight yarns tend to be a little scratchy.

Tomorrow is Friday and I am ready for the weekend! I think I am going to shop the clearance racks at Kohls. On another note, I just downloaded the mobile app for Jo-Ann Fabrics and I really recommend it. It's so nice not to not have to print off coupons! I also heard they take competitor coupons (but don't advertise it). I may be bringing my weekly Hobby Lobby coupons over there from now on.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment