Monday, January 16, 2012

Heart Dishcloth

I haven't sat down and crocheted anything in a while...still trying to settle into classes, my internship, and the semester as a whole. I've been pretty busy but I love it so far; my brain is always running pretty quickly and requires constant tasks. Now that a balance is starting to form, I have been designating more time for crafting.

On that note, I completed a heart dishcloth from a pattern I found here. It's very straightforward and overall an easy craft. I'd say altogether it took me about 2 hours to make. The only modification I made was in the edging - that section was a little harder to follow and seeing as it's night time and I am tired, I created my own edging.

What I did was single crochet around the entire heart and do the same edging I do on my dishcloths and potholders - chain 3, skip one single crochet, crochet in the next single crochet, and repeat all the way around.

I am satisfied with how it turned out - I used a new skein of Lily Sugar n' Cream variegated yarn and have enough left to make another dishcloth. There's also the option of making two hearts without the edging and then stitching them together to make a potholder.

I will apologize in advance for the poor quality of the photo - as you can see, a textbook of mine is under it and I really should be reading it right now. I'll try to get a better one later (although when it's small it doesn't look too bad).


I also will be posting my cute little amigurumi octopus soon...I just have to finish all the legs (2/8 are complete). I hope you all had a lovely MLK day!

No comments:

Post a Comment