Sunday, April 29, 2012

Finals, Schimnals.

I have a presentation tomorrow, two finals this week, and lots of studying to do, so naturally I spent this morning shopping. I got an email from Kohl's containing a coupon and a shirt I decided I had to have. I also had an exchange to make at another store.



Well, the shirt didn't work out (so sad), but I ended up browsing clearance racks (of course). As I'm sure I've said before, you can get great deals there for next to nothing. They have quality products and everything is always on sale. Some of my favorite clothing lines found at Kohl's are Hydraulic (capris/shorts), Vera Wang (jewelry, shoes, bags, and some clothing), Jennifer Lopez (clothing), and now Rock & Republic (everything).

I feel so great about my great deals I just have to share. Maybe it will even convince you to check Kohl's out. They redid their email database recently, so if you sign up you get a $5 coupon within 10 days. Pair that with a percentage off coupon and some in-store sales and you can really get a bargain!

1. Rock & Republic spiked flats - on clearance for $13.99 (originally $70), got them for about $11.


2. Vera Wang silver sandals - on clearance for, get this, $6 (originally $60), got them for $4.80 and Vera Wang blue and lime pumps - on clearance for $15 (originally $70), got them for about $12.



I also got a JLo shirt for about $25 (originally $52) and JLo sleeveless cardigan on clearance for about $15 (originally $70). Sorry, no pictures of those, but the shirt is here. I bought it in yellow.

Another nice thing about Kohl's is they offer damage discounts - the cardigan had some snags and I got another 10% off. It doesn't hurt to ask this at ANY store because often times they are happy to just get rid of the stuff.

Those were my awesome Kohl's deals for the day. I ALSO got $10 Kohl's Cash on my next purchase of $10 or more. For every $50 you spend, you get $10 when they're running that deal.

Lastly, a lovely woman I met there and chatted with about shoes and clothes for a while called me a fashionista. I'll take it.

Later on, I exchanged a tank at Express and decided to peek in The Gap. I saw they had 30% off all clearance and wanted to see if I could find a suit jacket. I got a grey one for cheap before at The Gap, and I really wanted a form-fitting black one with long sleeves (I have about 15 but surprisingly none of them fit that description). I'm not a big Gap shopper, but I will shop clearance racks anywhere.

To my extreme happiness, I found a jacket in my size on clearance for about $22! I was so excited about it. I usually wear between a 2 and 6 depending on the brand. This one was a 4, but it fit great! Even though I work at a casual place, I enjoy dressing up when I go in (and in general).

(One thing I do like about The Gap is they have GREAT lighting in their fitting rooms).


So what about crochet? I have a couple crochet projects I plan on finishing as soon as finals are over. I haven't felt much up to it lately - I've been sticking to more mindless activities such as watching old episodes of Steve Wilkos on YouTube (yes, guilty pleasure). I'll probably start posting more varied content on here because let's face it - I love shopping and shoes, and so do a lot of other people. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment