Sunday, December 2, 2012

It's December?

Yes, yes it is, and I'm happy with it so far. Today is sunny and beautiful and warm! I'm so happy to not see snow. My mom is wishing for a white Christmas, but I'm not, not at all.

Yesterday I ran some errands and went a bit nuts at the dollar store - they have tons of cute Christmas supplies! I love wrapping gifts and going overboard, but I really need to learn when to say no (it's hard to walk away from the adorable Santa/Snowman/etc. gift bags and cards). I did get quite a few cute containers and gft bags and such, so actually I think I will be all set for wrapping. I also stopped by Jo-Anns to pick up a few more supplies I needed.

I'm making most of my Christmas presents by hand this year, so I have a lot of work cut out for me. Yesterday I made a full list of everyone I need to make gifts for and what to make them. It's a little difficult because one of the gifts I am doing for multiple people should be made closer to Christmas, but I'll have plenty of time on my weeks off to take care of that.

My mom calls the gifts I give "Grandma Chadwick gifts" (my grandma, her mother) - and they are. My Grandma is so thoughtful and always gives gift bags full of assorted things she knows people will love - and she is so good at it! Last year I got my favorite candies, body wash, home supplies, and scarves. There was nothing I didn't want or need. My mom does the same and so do I. Instead of giving one big store-bought item, I like to get creative and give a mixed bag full of useful and fun things. I absolutely love gift giving, so I have a lot of fun with it. Getting gifts is fun, but I'd much rather give. There's really not a lot I need, and I just like to spend the time with my family.

I finished this project for my brother - I know he will love it. It's one of the rage faces and I found the pattern on Etsy from Steotch, one of my favorite shops.


Lately I've been thinking where I want to go with this blog - I definitely don't update it as much as I should, and I definitely don't update it with new shoes, like I should. Truth is, this blog slips my mind a lot and I want to devote more time to it once I'm done with school. I'll have lots more projects and posts over Christmas break, but I'm talking done with my degree (I'm almost 1/4 of the way there!!).

I also have a new thrift shop blog, and that is Thrift Shop Finds. My post content might overlap a bit, but if you want to see cool deals I've gotten, check there! I'm obsessed with thrift shopping and like really unique stuff. Anyway, my mom will be here soon, and I need to finish up some homework. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment