Wednesday, August 15, 2012

It's My Birthday...Almost!

Yes, I'm actually remembering to update this blog. I've been cross-stitching up a storm lately! I found some great books at Goodwill (and they're in color, too!) and got a bunch of supplies from my mom for an early birthday gift.

I just love the little patterns...they're so cute and simple and I have a massive collection of small frames they're perfect for. In fact, I need to quit buying small frames...(I bought 3 today). Here is a picture from a trip I took last week...I am craft crazy, I know.



I was absolutely elated to find those towels - they are brand new and I got them for less than $1 each AND another 20% off of that! Same with the cross-stitch floss...those bags each had a TON of floss in them and they were marked at .60 apiece, with another 20% off they were practically free! I'm just addicted to bargains. One of my friends wants to start cross-stitching, so I am giving her my extra supplies.


With the holidays coming up and some of the spare time I will have, I plan on filling all the frames eventually. Most will go in my craft fair pile. Plus, the thrift stores in my area donate the proceeds to good causes so that's always a nice feeling, too.

Here's what I've finished lately:





All these patterns came from the same book - Donna Kooler's 555 Country Cross-Stitch Patterns. I got it for $3 and there are TONS of great designs. Such a steal! You can get the book for super cheap on Amazon.

As far as life goes, things have been great. My best friend is back, my birthday is next week, and I also move in to my new place next week. I will miss being home, but I know I will enjoy being so close and living in a great city. A new life for me is starting and I am so thankful to be in the place I am today.

I'm hoping my busy schedule will allow for lots of craft time. I'll make time if I have to. I hope to update again soon with more creations!




No comments:

Post a Comment