Saturday, March 24, 2012

Finished Doily!

So, I finished my doily. The pattern was 22 rounds, and I ran out of yarn and decided to finish it off after round 20. I contemplated doing the rest in white to give it a cute little border, but for now I think I am going to leave it how it is. I can always add to it later.

It still needs to be starched, but that will be done some other time. It was made using a knock-off of Knit Cro Sheen, a 0 hook, and a pattern from an old crochet magazine (gotta love the Goodwill!).



Today was the first time in a while I have spent much all day in my apartment (besides a short break to the gym). It was rather gloomy out and a great day to sit in and craft. Tomorrow I really need to got more homework done, as today was spent crocheting, watching Netflix, cooking, working out, and not really paying attention to college priorities.

The rough draft of my thesis is due Monday, and I really need to get that together. I plan on going out tomorrow to work on it. It drives me a little crazy just sitting in the same place all day. I definitely appreciate a change in scenery.

I wish I had more time to crochet, but I am trying to fit it in where I can. My classes will be done in a little over a month (thank goodness!) and I will hopefully have more time to read for pleasure and craft. I did finish something else today - a gift for a friend - but I will post that later on. I'm working on Darth Vader and other Star Wars figures as well.

The temperatures have dropped - it's been so hot lately. I'm not a big fan of mid- to high-80s temperatures, but I love upper 60s and 70s. We've definitely been spoiled here this winter/spring, so I can't complain too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment